Alaska Grand Explorer 10 days / 9 nights
The Alaska Grand Explorer is one of our most popular Alaska vacations. View the abundant wildlife in Kenai Fjords National Park aboard a Kenai Fjords Tours day cruise. Take in the spectacular beauty of Denali, also known as Mt. McKinley, from the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge. Explore the wildlife and countless wonders of the untouched wilderness found in Denali National Park. Ride the rails to Fairbanks and enjoy a cruise on the Riverboat Discovery.
Vacation Package Highlights
The Alaska Grand Explorer gives you two nights in each destination, Seward, Talkeetna, Denali National Park and Fairbanks allowing you time to enjoy the many activities available. Travel includes the historic routes of the Alaska Railroad and the scenic highways and byways of Alaska via a deluxe motorcoach.
Day 1: Anchorage
- Arrive in Anchorage
- Alaska Native Heritage Center and Anchorage Museum
- Overnight in Downtown Anchorage
Day 2: Anchorage / Seward
- Travel by rail Anchorage to Seward in Goldstar dome train
- Exit Glacier guided tour
- Visit the Alaska SeaLife Center
- Overnight at Seward Windsong Lodge
Day 3: Kenai Fjords National Park / Seward
- Kenai Fjords Tours National Park Tour
- Visit Fox Island, a Kenai Fjords Tours exclusive!
- Second night at Seward Windsong Lodge
Day 4: Seward / Talkeetna
- Travel by motorcoach Seward to Talkeetna
- Evening at leisure in Talkeetna
- Overnight at Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge
Day 5: Talkeetna
- Flightseeing with glacier landing in Denali National Park
- Navigate glacial fed rivers on a float trip
- Second night at Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge
Day 6: Talkeetna / Denali
- Travel by rail Talkeetna to Denali
- Alaska dinner show at Cabin Night.
- Overnight at entrance to Denali National Park
Day 7: Denali National Park
- Kantishna Experience
- Second night at entrance to Denali National Park
Day 8: Denali / Fairbanks
- Husky Homestead Tour featuring Jeff King's sled dog team
- Travel by rail Denali to Fairbanks
- Overnight in Fairbanks
Day 9: Fairbanks
- Riverboat Discovery sternwheeler cruise
- Second night in Fairbanks
Day 10: Fairbanks
- Day at leisure in Fairbanks
- Tour Ends
View a Sample Itinerary
- Alaska Grand Explorer (230kb PDF)
|Valid June 1 – August 30, 2016 Prices starting at*|
| Single |
1 per room
| Double |
2 per room
| Triple |
3 per room
| Quad |
4 per room
| Child |
Book now - Availability may be limited for select dates
*Customized itinerary available upon request. Prices are stated per person. Taxes and fees are not included. Child rates apply to persons 11 years old and younger. Prices vary based on travel dates. Rates and dates are subject to change without notice. This package may be booked directly with Alaska Heritage Tours or through your personal Travel Agent. See complete Booking Terms and Conditions.
To reserve your tour,
call us toll-free
Too Busy To Call?
Use our booking assistance form, and we'll reply at a time that's right for you.
Personalize this Package
All of our vacations can be customized to meet your specific needs. Just contact our local Alaska trip specialists!
Create a Family Adventure
Traveling with kids is no problem in the Great Land. Let our experts help you choose activities for children under 12.
We can book the hotels and activities in a comfortable itinerary that allows you time to explore at your own pace.
If you want unspoiled scenery, wildlife, pristine parks and nature … Alaska is the place.
F. Zalensky, Dryden, NY