Alaska is home to a great variety of birds from the interior regions like Denali National Park to the coastline of Kenai Fjords National Park. See Alaska with tour experts who can provide unforgettable close encounters with many of Alaska's favorite species.
AnchorageEagle River Nature Center
- Boreal chickadees, pine grosbeak, northern dipper, saw-whet owls and many other species are common at the
Eagle River Nature Center.
- Potter Marsh is part of the Anchorage Coastal Wildlife Refuge where over 130 different bird species have been identified. Come enjoy a variety of shorebirds and waterfowl.
- Located right in Anchorage, Westchester Lagoon is a beautiful wooded park and an excellent place to spot loons, wigeons, scaups, godwits and more.
Alaska SeaLife Center
- The aviary at the Alaska SeaLife Center houses many of Seward's favorite birds, including tufted and horned puffins, murres, auklets and oystercatchers.
Northwestern Fjord Tour
- The Northwestern Fjord Tour is the best way to see the pristine National Park and its inhabitants including a visit to the Alaska Maritime National Wildlife Refuge, an island home to teeming seabird rookeries.
- Unlike motorized boat tours, a rafting tour drifts silently past nesting areas along the banks of the river. Look for bald eagles, boreal owls, downy woodpeckers, and more.
Talkeetna Lakes Hike
- Explore scenic trails out to Talkeetna's secluded lakes. Look for the red-breasted nuthatch, swans, loons and others in this pristine wilderness setting.