Take advantage of your conference in Anchorage and plan some extra time to enjoy what Alaska has to offer. Spend a day viewing glaciers and watching the abundant wildlife found in Kenai Fjords National Park. Head north to stroll the historic town of Talkeetna and explore the vast wilderness in Denali National Park. Whether you have one day free, or can extend your stay, there is lots to see in Alaska and we're here to help you plan your adventure.
A Day in AnchorageAlaska Native Heritage Center
- Spend your afternoon exploring Alaska's Native culture and history at the Alaska Native Heritage Center. Enjoy dance demonstrations and authentic village replicas.
- Take an all day flight tour to Katmai National Park or Redoubt Bay for spectacular bear viewing. Or enjoy half day flights over Prince William Sound or Denali National Park.
Denali National Park
- Travel north by train or coach to Denali for a backcountry adventure at Denali National Park. Search for bears, caribou, wolf, moose and Dall sheep on the Tundra Wilderness Tour.
Kenai Fjords National Park
- Travel by rail or coach to Seward and join Kenai Fjords Tours on a spectacular wildlife and glacier cruise. Choose a full-day adventure on board or select an exclusive departure to Fox Island for a wild Alaska salmon and prime rib meal.
Denali Flight Tour
- Travel to Talkeetna by rail and take a flightseeing tourover Denali National Park and into the Alaska Range. See Denali (also known as Mt. McKinley) up close!