Alaska is home to a wide variety of wildlife in a vast array of habitats. Grab your checklist and join Alaska's wildlife experts on your search for these fascinating animals. Here are some recommended activities in each destination.
AnchorageAlaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center and see bears, moose, caribou, and more. Learn about the diet and habitat of each animal!
- Fly out to Katmai National Park or Redoubt Bay for a day with the bears. See Alaska's mighty brown bears up close in their natural habitat!
Denali Backcountry Adventure
- Travel into Denali National Park on the Denali Backcountry Adventure! Look for caribou, wolves, bears, eagles, sheep, and more as you cross the tundra wilderness.
National Park Tour
- Kenai Fjords Tours offers a variety day cruises into Kenai Fjords National Park giving you a closer look at Alaska's coastal wildlife. Spot mountain goats, bears, porpoises, whales, sea lions and more!
Jet Boat Tours
- Explore Talkeetna's tranquil rivers on a jet boat tour and look for beavers, eagles, moose, bears, and other wild residents that frequent the area.